Owners or operators often need to appoint an agent with whom they have an established relationship to oversee or supervise the charterers' agent and monitor port call operations with the owner's interests in mind.
KRC is provide this facility service to owners & operators and can offer a tailored solution of OPA services including a combination of any/all of the below;
- Confirmation of port restrictions and any port operating practices.
- Objective view on port or berth congestion.
- Verification of accuracy of proforma d/a provided by charterer's agent.
- Receipt of owners’ funds and disbursement to charterer's agent if required.
- Reporting of port call operation in format required by owner.
- Attendance onboard vessel throughout entire port call.
- Checking of all cargo documents, charterer's agent reports, time sheets and countersignature of final SOF for accuracy. Where disparities occur, inform owner and resolve conflict if possible.
- Where reconciliation is not possible, OPA can issue letters of protest as per owner's requirements.
- Approving any Bills of Lading.
- Assistance with any crew-related issues such as medical visits, certificates, crew changes etc.
- Any other requirements !